Sunday 7 August 2011

The Phonecall...

24hrs!!That's one FULL day and he still hadn't called.I kept checking my phone for any missed calls.None.What was he doing?What was he thinking?He can't be that busy.One single phonecall.That was all I wanted.I was hurt,infuriated and decided that I won't talk to him again(Well,atleast for some time).Wondering who that must be?I'm talking about my dad!I love him.Very much.He works abroad but still manages to talk to me everyday..and I mean EVERYDAY!But today was different.He hadn't called and I was bothered.(Ok,I know what you're thinking..I may be over 20 but I'm still  'daddy's little girl'!).

As I was lying down on the couch,venting out my emotions to my other Dad,you know my heavenly Dad,the thought struck me like a thunderbolt.I love Him too....actually more than anything in this world..with all my heart and soul.But how many times have I awaited for His 'phonecall' with the same eagerness? I know that He's never too busy for me and that I can talk to Him anytime I wanted but what about the eagerness? I do read His word,but sometimes lack the patience to listen to His still small voice.Well ,today he reminded me that I needed to spend more time in listening to Him rather than just doing all the talking by myself!

PS:Eventually my dad called me up the next day..said he had been busy with something..hmph..:(

No comments:

Post a Comment