Sunday 11 September 2011

A Thankful Heart!


"Every single cell in my body is happy
 Every single cell in my body is good
 Thank you Lord!I feel so good
 Cos every single cell in my body is well!"

This song,that I learnt as a kid,kept ringing in my head today as I walked through the corridors of the rehabilitation centre in the hospital nearby.I had accompanied my mom who conducted weekly services for the patients.Many,old and young alike, had turned up in the small, beautiful chapel,some on stretchers and some in wheel chairs in a desperate attempt to find God and plead with Him for a miracle.They had no other hope.Paralysis,caused by trauma or spinal cord injury had rendered them incapable of walking , attending to their daily duties, sitting up and had even deprived them of their ability to feel .They needed assistance for everything..and I mean EVERYTHING!!I could do nothing but sympathize with them.Having made a short and silent prayer,I quickly left the place with a heavy heart but with a whole lot  of things to ponder on.


I looked at my own fully functional hands and feet.How many times have I complained when I had to walk home..or the times when I felt physical pain..or when the bed was not comfortable enough to sleep in? There've been times when I've taken so many things in life for granted....Did you know that just a stroll through the hospital corridors can put all of life in perspective?The very fact that I'm alive and well today gives me reason enough to thank God!I am indeed thankful for every single cell in my body that is happy,well and good!What are you thankful for today?


If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart


Need more reasons to be thankful? Check out this video :




No comments:

Post a Comment