Wednesday 19 October 2011

Missing you!


Dear Ragil,

We had to carry some heavy stuff to the neighbor's house today
Dad couldn't do it ,nor could Mom but I managed to carry it to the car.
Hardly had we driven a few metres down the street when the car broke down.
Dad took over the wheel while Mom and I had to push the car back into the garage.
Beneath all  the huffing and puffing there was  a wish untold
My hands and feet still hurt and my heart even more
When I wished with all my heart that you were here to carry it for me.
You were always there when we needed you and gladly shared our burden
As mom often said ,I miss those strong 'Hands of Iron'
And that innocent heart of yours.

When Dad commented on my driving skills today,
"I imparted it from Ragil",I said,beaming with pride 
And wished you were here to see me drive!

The refrigerator,filled with delicious candies and cake
And all that you loved kindly beckons,
Unaware that there is none to gobble them all up.

I know I've screamed at you countless times for your untidy room
But now I miss cleaning that mess and putting your things away!
An eerie silence awaits me when I come home each day 
And Oh!how I miss your laughter and the music!
I miss the times we'd  spent singing together 
And I don't remember the last time I sang from deep within.
Your guitar lies broken and untouched in a corner 
And when asked about it by guests who visit often,
I proudly reply,'That's MY brother's!'
I know I've never told you this
But You've made us proud indeed!

It's been exactly a year,4 months and 7 days since you left us
And everyone thinks we've moved on.But how can we?
You were a part of us,of every fiber of our being
And we truly miss you..every moment of every single day!
I often see Mom weeping and Dad quietly shedding a tear 
While my silent cry is  locked up within. 
But deep down,I know you're up there watching and listening.
You are not forgotten loved one,nor will you ever be,
As we await the glorious reunion when we will meet thee!

Forever with Love,
Lynn


1 comment:

  1. Dear Rosy,
    No words can give you comfort over such a huge loss. I only pray that God continues to provide His peace and comfort to you, Uncle and Aunty.
    Love,
    Pearlie.

    ReplyDelete